Are you considering buying the Omni Yoga Stand so that you have a portable solution for practising aerial yoga at home? The original Omni Yoga Stand has a unique design when compared to other freestanding aerial rigs or yoga hammock stands.
Omni Gym is a family business and they’re very well-known in the aerial yoga industry. The company started out in the 1990s, before aerial yoga was popular. Since then, they’ve expanded their range to include hammocks, swings, stands, and a variety of other yoga related accessories.
The original Omni Yoga Stand is a freestanding aerial rig. If you’re wanting to practice aerial yoga at home, but don’t want to fix permanent fixtures to your ceiling, then a freestanding aerial rig is your best option.
You can purchase the rig on its own to use with your existing yoga trapeze, hammock or silks. There’s also the option to buy a bundle including the trapeze swing and the frame. But, how do you know if this product if right for you? Well, let’s find out!
This is our honest review of the Omni Gym Yoga Stand.
Omni Yoga Stand Features
These are the main features of the Omni Yoga Swing Stand:
- Exclusive Patented Design – developed by Anthony Cardenas, a qualified physical therapist. This stand is designed to maximize the functionality of your yoga swing without compromising on safety
- 2 different height options available: 7’11” or 8’2″ (not adjustable)
- 360° spin – a built-in swivel device allows easy 360-degree spins
- Can be used indoors or outdoors – choose the 7’11” option if you want to use your stand indoors so it will fit easily beneath your ceiling
- Available in a choice of 2 colors – silver or black
- Easy to set up and use – it takes just one person to assemble or disassemble the stand in about 10 minutes
- Handlebars – Contains three sets of snap-in handlebars with hand grips for extra stretching maneuvers
- Extremely durable – made out of industry standard aluminum alloy
- 9 built-in ‘O’ rings – built in into the vertical poles at multiple different heights provide alternative attachment points to attach multiple accessories
- Detailed Instructions provided – After purchase, Omni Gym will email you with all the necessary setup instructions and information about the stand
- Weight limit: 350lbs
Here is a sample of what can be achieved with the Omni Gym Yoga Stand:
Omni Yoga Swing & Trapeze
This product is also available as part of a bundle, that means you can get the stand, swing and trapeze attachment in one go!
The swing itself is a very highly quality swing, it is made of durable, ultra soft rayon. Its other features are:
- 4.5 feet wide x 8 feet long
- 6 handles with comfortable foam grips
- Available in loads of different colors (Lime Green, Turquoise, Coral, Light Plum, Onyx Black, Cobalt Blue, or Forest Green)
- Cute tote storage bag for storage and transport
- Weight limit of the fabric: 500lbs
How to Install and Use
Safety first! You should always ensure that you have enough floor space and ceiling height available to use the frame safely. You also need to ensure that your ceiling has enough space to accommodate the height of the stand.
They recommend you have 1′ above the top of the stand.
The stand itself is very easy to put up and take down, but it much quicker to do if you have a helper! There are 22 separate pieces that fit together with interlocking snap-lock segments.
Don’t worry if this sounds complicated! Omni Gym has created this handy video guide which gives you an overview of how the frame is fitted together:
The main advantages of the Omni Yoga Swing Stand are:
- The stand is extremely well-made and sturdy by the original manufacturers of aerial yoga stands, so it is extremely safe to use when assembled correctly
- Just 10-minutes to put up with detailed instructions
- Can be packed away and stored easily – it’s the same size as an airline carry-on bag when it’s fully disassembled and packed away!
- Buying this stand with the bundle of the swing and the trapeze attachment make this very versatile and good value product, with the option to use multiple different types of aerial equipment with this freestanding rig
As with any product, there are always disadvantages.
- The stand itself will rock slightly with use, especially if you’re swinging
- Despite what the instructions say, it really does need 2 people to put the frame up and take it down, so you’ll always need an extra person around to help. It is possible for 1 person to do it alone, but it saves a lot of time and energy if there’s 2 of you!
- It cannot be used for more intense swinging aerial sports, such as swinging trapeze
By having the opportunity to perform your workout of choice regularly, you’ll be amazed at how quickly your body will react and start to change. If you want to become really well-practised in aerial yoga or any other aerial discipline then you will need good equipment. By investing in a high-quality option, such as the Omni Gym Yoga Stand, you’re giving yourself the flexibility and ability to maximize your true potential with this sport.
With the Omni Gym Yoga Stand, you won’t be limiting yourself, you’ll be able to practice your new hobby anywhere both inside and outside. The possibilities are endless!
The 3 ‘S’s of this frame – stability, safety, and sturdiness will give you the confidence and security needed to progress further, achieve more and improve your skills to the next level.
Whether you’re new to aerial yoga, or you’re a seasoned pro – the Omni Gym Yoga Stand is a great option.
The bundle with with swing and trapeze attachment included makes it affordable and makes aerial yoga accessible to more people, therefore, we highly recommend this product.
Where to Buy
You can buy the Omni Gym Yoga Stand directly from Omni Gym!
This post contains affiliate links. That means that, at no extra cost to you, we may receive a small commission if you buy a product using one of the links on this page. Read our full disclosure here.
Omni Gym Yoga Stand
- Very well-made & sturdy
- Perfect for use at home or in the back yard
- Excellent choice for beginners
- Handlebars and 'O' rings give you extra options during your workouts, which other stands don't have!
- Rocks slightly during extended use
- Cannot be used for swinging discliplines
- Requires 2 people for speedy set up