This post was last updated on
Are you considering buying the X Pole A-Frame? It is supposedly the gold standard, the best freestanding aerial rig available at the moment. But does it live up to the hype? Let’s find out.
X Pole is a well-known company who originally made pole dancing poles for pole dance fitness. They’ve now expanded their product range to include an innovative ‘A’ Frame, which is suitable for aerial yoga, aerial hoop (Lyra hoop) and low aerial silks. It is a freestanding frame, which means that you can use it without the need for ceiling fixtures, both indoors and outdoors.
The X Pole A-Frame is a freestanding aerial rig. If you’re wanting to practice aerial yoga at home, but don’t want to fix permanent fixtures to your ceiling, then a freestanding aerial rig is your best option.
X Pole A-Frame Features
These are the main features of the X Pole A-Frame:
- Can be used indoors or outdoors
- Adjustable/Multiple Heights – (from 2450mm (8ft) up to 3480mm (11.42ft – using innovative telescopic/expandable legs
- Quick and easy to assemble
- Can be stored in multiple storage bags included with the frame
- Multi-discipline – suitable for use with silks, trapeze (static) hammock and hoop (all sold separately by X Pole)
- Not suitable for any swinging discipline such as flying trapeze
- Portability – Lightweight frame allows you to use it anywhere
- Maximum 150kg/330 lbs weight limit
How to Install and Use
Safety first! You should always ensure that you have enough floor space and ceiling height available to use the frame safely.
The frame itself is very easy to put up and take down, but it is most definitely a two-person job.
X Pole has created this handy video guide which gives you an overview of how the frame is fitted together:
For extra stability, use the weighted bags provided around the base of the frame.
The main advantages of the X Pole A-Frame are:
- The frame is extremely well-made and sturdy by the original pole and aerial fitness product pioneers, so it is very safe to use when assembled correctly
- Just 15-minutes to put up with detailed instructions
- Can be adjusted to suit your environment and how much height you desire/have available to use
- Stores away very tidily with the storage bags provided
- Very neat and easy to transport too
- A very versatile product, with the option to use multiple different types of aerial equipment with this freestanding rig
As with any product, there are always disadvantages.
- The frame itself does move and rock slightly during use. This is normal, but it takes some getting used to if you’re more familiar with permanent aerial fixtures and rigging in a studio.
- It needs two people to put the frame up and take it down, so you’ll always need an extra person around to help
- Cannot be used for swinging aerial sports, such as trapeze
By having the opportunity to perform your workout of choice regularly, you’ll be amazed at how quickly your body will react and start to change. If you want to become really well-practiced in aerial yoga or any other aerial discipline then you will need good equipment. By investing in a high-quality option, such as the X Pole A-Frame, you’re giving yourself the flexibility and ability to maximize your true potential with this sport.
With the X Pole A-Frame, you won’t be limiting yourself, you’ll be able to practice your new hobby anywhere – at home, in your yard, at the beach, at the park. The possibilities are endless!
The 3 ‘S’s of this frame – stability, safety, and sturdiness will give you the confidence and security needed to progress further, achieve more and improve your skills to the next level.
Whether you’re new to aerial sports, or you’re a seasoned pro – the X Pole A-Frame is the best multi-discipline aerial frame for sale at the moment.
It’s affordable and makes aerial yoga accessible to more people, therefore, we highly recommend this product.
Where to Buy
Click on these links below to visit the stores that sell the X Pole A-Frame. Please note that these stores ship to different locations, depending on where you live:
This post contains affiliate links. That means that, at no extra cost to you, we may receive a small commission if you buy a product using one of the links on this page. Read our full disclosure here.
X Pole 'A' Frame
- 15-Minute Install
- Lightweight and easily transportable
- Extremely sturdy for multi aerial discliplines
- Optional weighted bags for extra stability
- Takes two people to install
- Frame rocks slightly during use, but this is normal
- Cannot be used for swinging aerial disciplines